We at the Paradigm Gym feel there are certain qualifications and standards that are necessary to ensure a safe, secure and satisfying gymnastics environment in our facility.
- Only members of Paradigm Gym are allowed on the floor or any equipment.
- No one may go on the floor or any equipment at any time without an instructor present.
- Be on time for your class. Warm up time is very important for your child’s safety. NO use of equipment before or after class. NO jumping on trampoline without an Instructor.
- NO horseplay is allowed.
- NO new skills may be attempted without an instructor's permission.
- Parents, as well as non-participating siblings, friends, etc., are not allowed in gym area. Please watch from the lobby. Non-participating children need to be sitting with parents or playing quietly in the “Lobby Area.” Parents are responsible for any children making use of this area including keeping the lobby clean. If your child needs to use the restroom, they must be escorted by an adult to the restroom and back to the lobby.
- Be aware of others in the gym. Do not walk across tumbling paths, vaulting paths, or dismount areas without looking first.
- Enter and leave gym area through the lobby area only; do not use side doors.
- Girls are required to wear gymnastics (not a dance leotard) leotards.
- Boys classes are required to wear tight fitting apparel.
- Hair needs to be up and out of your face at all times.
- NO jewelry may be worn.
- NO food, gum, candy, or drinks are permitted on the floor.
- We are not responsible for any items left in the gym; however, we do have a Lost and Found.
- A positive attitude is required at all times.
Participant Agreement Release Form and assumption of risk
In consideration of the services of Paradigm Gym, Inc., hereinafter collectively referred to as “PG”, their agents, owners, officers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf, I hereby agree to release and discharge PG, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and estate as follows:
- I understand and acknowledge that the activity my child is about to engage in poses known risks and unanticipated risks which could result in injury, paralysis, death, emotional distress, or damage to my child, to property, or to third parties.
- The following describes some, but not all, of those risks:
- Gymnastics entails certain risks that simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
- Without a certain degree of risk, gymnastics students would not improve their skills, and the enjoyment of the sport would be diminished.
- Gymnastics exposes its participants to the usual risk of cuts and bruises.
- Other more serious risks exist as well.
- Participants often fall off equipment, sprain or break wrists and ankles, and can suffer more serious injuries as well.
- Traveling to and from shows, meets and exhibitions raises the possibility of any manner of transportation accidents. In any event, if your child is injured, your child may require medical assistance at your expense.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, no one is forcing me or my child to participate, and we elect to participate in spite of the risks,
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge and agree to hold harmless and indemnify PG from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action, which are related to arise out of, or are in any way connected with my child’s participation in this activity.
- Should PG, or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnity and reimburse them for such fees and costs.
- I certify that my child has health accident and liability insurance to cover any bodily injury or property damage that may be caused or suffered while participation in this event or activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage to my child. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition my child may have or else I am willing to assume and bear the costs of all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit against PG, I agree to do so solely in the state of Louisiana, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portion shall remain in full force and effect.